The THOR 7 satellite provides regional coverage with a favourable look angle over the Pan European maritime routes and utilises focused high-powered spot beams, enabling unprecedented performance for mobility applications.
Supported by the iDirect next generation Velocity© platform, Telenor Satellite is able to offer automatic and seamless spot-beam handover, assuring continuous connectivity across the entire satellite footprint.
• Optimal high-powered coverage allows the delivery of many more Mbps.
• Lower cost solution for always on connectivity.
• Smaller antenna solutions offering a wide range of broadband services up to 20/3 Mbps on 60cm antennas.
• A wide choice of fixed service packages to suit specific requirements from 512/128 Kbps up to 24/6 Mbps.
• Large Pan-European mobility footprint.
• Offering a wide range of bandwidth profiles.
• Seamless spot beam handover.
• One Touch Commissioning (OTC) which allows automation of 1dB compression test, eliminating time consuming manual operations.
• New web based monitoring tool (iDirect PULSE), offering full control of your VSAT connection on any device.
• Rain fade mitigation techniques assures a 99.5% link availability via physical antenna diversity, Adaptive coding and modulation and inbound adaptivity.