AFFORDABLE KA-BAND FLYAWAY
The KA-D 75 is a high performance, compact flyaway antenna for use Ka band HTS satellite platforms. It’s ideal for use in applications such as Disaster Recovery, and can be deployed without tools in a few minutes.
- Single piece pressed steel reflector
- Single person deployable without tools in one minute
- Packs into two sub-23Kg IATA Compliant cases Battery powered with Integrated modem and high powered Wi-Fi
The 75cm pressed steel reflector is type approved, durable and ideal for most applications needing a lightweight and affordable antenna system.
The tripod, transceiver, modem and optional battery pack fit into a single foam padded case. The steel reflector is carried in a separate padded bag. The bag and case separately weigh less than 23kg, making them ideal for standard commercial air transportation.
Tripod & Mount
The tripod and antenna mount use a precision gimbal mount, shared with the premium Karbon-75 Antenna and making the tripod easy to level and quick to point accurately.
Assembly is a straightforward process requiring no additional tools.
- Remove the components from the foam-lined case.
- Adjust the centre gimbal mount using the built-in spirit level to level the mount.
- Fit the single piece reflector onto the mount using the hand bolts. Fold out the feed assembly and attach the modem/battery backpack.
- Preset the satellite elevation on feed-arm inclinometer and set the antenna elevation to match.
- Follow the modem-specific “install” procedures and determine the optimum azimuth orientation.
- Lock off the azimuth axis and fine tune elevation using the feedback from TRIA and modem.
- Lock off elevation axis and let the terminal complete the network log-in process.
- Prepare for your live transmission!